Date Night Ideas While Social Distancing
Summer has arrived, with it brings longer days, warmer weather, and plenty of outdoor adventures— all good news if you're looking for summer date ideas. Since we are “social distancing” it is harder to have dates nights with those we like or love. Here are a few ideas to inspire you to stay close to those you love:
- If you live somewhere with a drive-in, there's no better summer date spot: You can snuggle in as the sun sets and watch a movie — or two — against the backdrop of the stars. If there's no drive-in near you, lots of towns do al fresco movies in local parks. Not an options? You can show your own movies in your backyard.
- Get out your bikes and go for a ride. Take in the scenery as you slowly pedal through the park or down a country road.
- Strolling through the farmers’ market is always a good idea. No farmers’ market near you? Check to see if there is a local farm and pick your own fruit or veggies close by, nothing like farm fres! Once you've picked your bounty, go home and cook something together while sipping a nice wine.
- Can’t get to a restaurant for a weekend brunch because they are all closed? Call your local restaurant and pick up a lovely brunch treat or if you're in the mood to stay in, make your own mimosas and coffee at home while snuggling on the couch.
- Morning person? sip warm coffee on the front porch or back porch and watch the sun come up. Not a morning person, watch the sunset as you conclude another glorious summer day.
- Long walks or hearty hikes are a perfect way to bond with your partner. Once you make it to the top of the mountain, you'll love taking in the view with one another.
- It may not be the most original summer date idea, but picnic food is absolutely delicious and you get to choose what you make. Create a delightful spread as simple or elaborate as you'd like but may we suggest including fresh fruit, cheese, crusty bread, wine and a lovely dessert?
- Car rides are always fun..select some fun music, pack a few snacks, choose a new road and let the sight-seeing adventure begin.
- Have you ever grilled pizza? The smoky flavor that the grill passes on to the crust is delightful. Experiment with different toppings, from meats, veggies, to cheeses, until you come up with a combination you and your partner love.
- There's something totally romantic about star gazing together. Lay out a blanket and fix your eyes on at the stars (or lightening bugs)! Bring a telescope to see which constellations you can spot and name.
- Wear cute Original Cowgirl Girl or M&P Speed Shop tee shirts on every adventure!
The list could go on and on…what are your ideas for summer date nights?